Shovel / Machine Operator
We have an opportunity for an experienced Shovel / Machine Operator to join our team based in Tilbury, Essex
Location: Tilbury, Essex
Salary: £25,900 + Benefits including company Pension and Uniform
- 06:00 – 15:00 Monday to Saturday
- 06:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
- 14:00 – 23:00 Monday to Friday
Stobart Group is an Infrastructure and Support Services business operating in the biomass energy, railway maintenance and aviation sectors as well as having investments in a property and logistics portfolio.
Shovel / Machine Operator - What’s the role?
- To operate and maintain various wood processing equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- To exercise caution at all times and report any accidents or incidents immediately to site management
- To co-operate with management to maximise site processing capabilities.
- To work as a fully engaged and flexible member of a small operating team
- To work shift patterns that could be subject to change depending upon the business need
Shovel / Machine Operator - What will I be responsible for?
- Operating a variety of machinery in a safe and efficient manner. (Only machinery that you have been fully trained and signed off to operate).
- Use all appropriate PPE. (supplied and required training provided)
- Report any accidents or incidents immediately to your team leader or site management.
- Report any machinery defects or issues immediately to your team leader or site management.
- Ensure machinery is maintained as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Always be aware of the sites Environmental responsibilities. (Training will be provided)
- Abide by all company procedures, policies and protocols
- Attend training courses as required.
- Maintain your working area to a high standard
- Always conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner
- Carry out additional tasks as reasonably requested.
To submit your CV for this Shovel / Machine Operator opportunity, please click ‘Apply’
For Stobart employees: If you are short-listed for an interview, you must inform your line manager in advance.