Junior PHP Developer / Central London / CakePHP / LAMP / Node.js
Junior PHP Developer / Central London / CakePHP / LAMP / Node.js / Agile / TDD / BDD
I am currently on the lookout for a Junior PHP Developer to join my client based in Central London. They are looking to pay up to £35,000 for the ideal candidate, do you think this could be the role for you?
My client is one of the leading management platforms for it's particular industry and they support 100's of clients. Their clients range from start-ups to large well know companies. I don't want to give too much away but if you drop me an email I have a 3 page job spec I can send over and will be able to give you the full company details
The application and role summary:
Based in their London office, the Junior PHP Developer will be joining a team of 6 talented developers and will work with the support of the Head of Software Delivery. The candidate will be working on their latest software application, in an Agile environment, using continuous delivery and TDD / BDD processes to deliver high quality software. The developer will be largely working on a LAMP based technology stack, using the CakePHP framework, and Node.js for background services.
- Working on a full LAMP Stack
- Development of new modules and components for their software
- Constantly keeping test suites up to date with current development
- Keeping database data secure and current with day to day procedures
- Developing secure code, and being aware of ongoing security threats and vulnerabilities
- Liaise with users to identify and specify business requirements
- An understanding of financial compliance services is not necessary, but a willingness to learn and understand business processes is essential
- MVC based frameworks (CAKEPHP)
- TDD / BDD methodologies
- Enthusiasm to grow and learn from experienced colleagues
- Process oriented working style with clear goal direction and output focus
- 2 years commercial software development experience in PHP
- Relevant university degree
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written in English
The successful candidate will be offered a salary up to £35,000 plus bonus, private healthcare and benefits package. They are hoping to arrange interview for Wednesday 3rd May onwards. What are you up to currently? Do you think this role could be of interest?
It would be great to discuss further, if you could send me an updated CV to I can run through the position with you in more detail. They are looking to line up interviews quite quickly so if you could let me know your availability with regards to this as well that would help.
I look forward to hearing from you