Technical Support Field Engineer
Our client are seeking the skills and experience of a Technical Field Engineer to work for one of the UK's leading infrastructure partners.
Through organic growth, over 70% of the companies full time employees work in technical roles. They now have a fantastic opportunity to join the organisation as a Technical Support Field Engineer.
You will be responding to and resolving customer opportunities, this might entail working on a clients help desk, attending a number of the customer sites during a roll out or being involved in customer one off situations. This will include pre sales activity including information gathering, attending customer meetings and working closely with Account Managers and the Project Office to ensure customer satisfaction.
This is a role that involves considerable travel, with 95% of your time spent on various customer sites. You will need to have a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
- Configuration - all aspects of desktop/server hardware installation and builds, delivery to customer environment
- Microsoft support for all aspects (MS Office, Windows (desktop), Windows (Server), Exchange, TCP/IP, General Network troubleshooting, desktop troubleshooting
- Hardware support for all aspects (HP/IBM/Dell/Apple server hardware, all aspects of desktop hardware troubleshooting, printer/fax/phone hardware and software troubleshooting/maintenance)
- Installation and cable management of rack power systems, rack power ups and testing
- Installing customer hardware and software on site.
- Fault finding and fixing PC users hardware and softwar
- Essential knowledge - Windows XP, Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Outlook 2010, Office 2010, Anti-Virus, Domino, Windows Remote Support Tools and Network Infrastructure
- Hardware Knowledge - PC’s, Laptops, Servers and Printers
If this role is of interest to you and you wish to be considered for the opportunity then please contact David Eales.