Agile Project Manager - Winchester - £40,000 to £45,000
Agile Project Manager required to join a leading solutions provider, based from their head office in Winchester.
The role of an Agile Project Manager will being responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating agile team(s) to achieve a high level of performance and quality in line with the delivery standards. Furthermore you will provide the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. In addition to this you will:
- Work with the product owner on delivery scope on regular and timely delivery of business value.
- Organise, lead and facilitate agile ceremonies, prepare and distribute regular reports including burn down charts and other key metrics, managing product and sprint backlogs, facilitating backlog grooming, reviews and retrospectives.
- Managing agile teams on a daily basis, assist in team development whilst holding teams accountable for their commitments
- If required, share resource requirements across other agile delivery teams, working with the other Agile Delivery Managers to determine the best approach to achieve the best outcome to deliver business value.
- Responsible for ensuring that team members track their time using the appropriate in-house system
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues.
- Provide leadership to Business Analyst and collaborate with customers and develop solutions of high business value.
- Creative approach to problem solving with the ability to focus on details, while maintaining the "big picture" view.
The correct project manager will have at least 3 to 5 years experience within a project management role and have worked consistently within an Agile environment, throughout the complete project lifecycle. You will ideally have a degree alongside a recognised project management qualification.
You will have:
- High level of knowledge and experience of agile development approaches to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of agile project management principles and practices.
- Experience of overseeing multi-function project teams
- Worked in technology led environment, or have a background in development, testing or analysis background.
- Experience of BDD, TDD, MoSCoW, User Stories, Story Points
- Experience with working with project collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluences, Sharepoint, MS-Project)
- Project Management experience (essential)
- Strong analytical planning and organisation skills with an ability to manage competing demands (essential)
- Strong customer service focus (essential)
- Experience in working in agile project delivery (essential)
- Experience in analysis, software development and/or development testing (desirable)
Your communication skills must also be of a very high standard, both written and verbal and have no issues dealing with different departments, third parties as well as being face to face with clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation who would offer a full career path and training to the right individual.