Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• To help and support the Supply Chain Manager with the administration of the purchasing function.
• Monitor stock levels and supplier lead times to identify low stock situations
• Monitor order intake and report on supply chain constraints.
• Coordinate min. stock / reorder systems with warehouse staff.
• Raise purchase orders as appropriate
• Contact suppliers to progress orders - monitor / record performance
• Liaise with internal customers regarding supply issues
• Input data onto the Purchasing / Stock Control database
• Reconcile stock counts against database records and report results
• Management of reject components, coordination of appropriate actions with suppliers
• Management of supplier corrective action reports
• Prepare and update various Word / Excel documents
• Maintenance of paper records
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proactive, flexible, organised and conscientious individual
• Experience in a Purchasing, Supply Chain, Stock Control or logistics role
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work as part of a team
• IT literate (ideally with experience of MRP system)
• Confident communicator
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.