Senior Programmer - Birmingham
Senior Programmer - Birmingham - £33-£36K
Algiz Technology is looking for talented senior programmer with minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in the development of the applications and full SDLC process. The successful candidates will play a pivotal role within the lT team and have an opportunity to work on a full lT transformation programme. The senior programmer will ideally have experience in large and complex application rich environments and strong in programming skills to develop the applications. The successful candidate will be involved in the full application life cycle process and be responsible for application testing across the bespoke applications.
Key Skills required
- Microsoft App-V, ThinApp
- MSI Technology
- Admin Studio Installshield, Wise
- SCCM, Appsense
- VB Scripting, Batch Script, Wise Script, PHP
- Citrix, VMWare, Application architecture
- SQL, XML, CSS, HTMLs
- Windows 10 Migration
- llS, Web application architecture
- Strong programming skills
- Good eye for detail and interface design
- Demonstrable knowledge of the full SDLC
- Understanding of windows operating systems
- Strong communication and documentation skills
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing high quality applications.
- Defining, updating and adhering to software development patterns and standards.
- Provide technical assistance, support and programming skills across the company.
- Liaising with 3rd party software providers throughout the life cycle - including design, development, support and maintenance.
- Mentoring and coaching less experienced programmers.
Working within the IT team, the incumbents will:
- Work closely with the lT team and appropriate business units to understand the business/lab processes and requirements
- Design and build creative, innovative applications that will drive efficiency into the heart of our business
- Integrate these applications into our existing portfolio to ensure a streamlined end-to-end solution
- Work with the project management layer to implement these new solutions successfully into the business
- Keep on top of new technologies and changing trends, feeding this back to the IT management layer
- Contribute to the development of the business technology strategy
- Design, architect and build key operational solutions across the business areas
- Design and build innovative customer solutions
Posting date: 8 May 2017
Closing date for applications: 7 June 2017