Senior Business Development Manager, Oracle Managed services
sales oracle e-business software bdm "business development"
Senior Business Development Manager, Oracle Managed Services
Up to £75k base plus £75k commission plus £7.5k car allowance
Home or office based - UK wide locations
This role is for an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Business Development manager to sell within the strategically important Oracle Managed Services sales team.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a proven 'hunter’ ability to be an active and motivated sales professional. A proactive individual that wants to excel against their goals, with a very strong entrepreneurial spirit and the determination to create success as a team and individually.
The Oracle Managed Services side of the business is focussed on the delivery of outsourced managed services to organisations using the Oracle e-Business Suite. The service provides a fully provision data centre environment, supporting technologies and dedicated support team that ensure our client’s systems are available 24x7. It is essential therefore that the candidate is able to understand the Oracle environment, what drives a client’s business, what they are trying to achieve at a strategic, financial or operational level, and establish how we could support that through either a managed service or wider outsourced function.
The Oracle managed service we currently provides is very successful, with a dedicated team managing a significant proportion of NHS CCGs and Health Trusts across the UK. The opportunity here is to expand this footprint both within the health sector, but beyond into other key markets such as Local Government, Police and the private sector.
Deals will range between £200k to multi-million pound developments, services and outsourced partnerships.
There is an expectation of being able to create growth plans for this area of the business - so a structured approach to business planning is required. Knowledge and use of sales methodologies such as TAS would be a distinct advantage.
This role is for a candidate that is able to sell business outcomes and on a consultative basis.
As a part of us you will be working for one of the UK’s largest and most successful professional services organisations.
- Ability to identify, create and close new business opportunities within given markets
- Creation of business growth plans underpinned by experience in delivering them
- Effective personal and team pipeline management with metrics applied
- Ability to be a credible advisor to clients and supporting the sales team to achieve the same status with their client base
- Ability to strategize approach to market, in order to create pipeline and turn into business
- Understanding of Public and Private Sectors and use of this knowledge to generate leads
- Proven ability to manage performance and outcomes delivered by direct reports
- Innovative and entrepreneurial outlook
Qualifications & Experience
Ideally Degree educated, although this is not essential.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets & generating strong sales pipeline
- Understanding of sales methodologies (preferably TAS) is an advantage but not essential
- Aptitude to learn, create and develop within the role - personal capability
- Proven experience in selling business outcome led opportunities
- Account management and planning experience
- Experience in building compelling business cases
- Ideally with experience in generating pipeline and building presence within new markets
- Closure of deals with long complex sales cycles, and ability to support team
- Previous experience of selling Oracle managed services is required
Business and Behavioural Skills
- Passion, commitment and track record to exceed sales targets
- Establish and develop strategic relationships with business decision makers
- Self-driven, good at managing team, with clear expectation setting
- Proven Consultative Selling skills
- Has a "presence" and displays confidence in front of senior management (both internal & external)
- Excellent communicator with effective presentation and influencing skills
- The ability and judgement necessary to comprehensively qualify an opportunity and establish whether opportunities created by the team are sufficiently qualified
- The skills to manage relationships strategically for maximum short and long term value