Data Scientist - Folkestone
An experienced Data Scientist is sought to join a well established financial services organisation in Folkestone. As a Data Scientist, you will put your statistical and mathematical skills to work, developing solutions to complex data-driven problems and creating efficient algorithm implementations. Building the algorithms necessary, to ask the right questions and find the right answers and communicating your findings to senior audiences.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Master's Degree or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics or Operational Research.
- Previous experience in data analytics including experience of SQL and programming languages such as Python or R
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to query databases and perform statistical analysis.
- Be able to develop or program databases.
- Being able to create examples, prototypes, demonstrations to help management better understand the work.
A good understanding of design and architecture principles