IT Security Analyst Cisco
This international law firm with over 500 lawyers globally has an opportunity in their London office for an IT Security Analyst, reporting to the Head of IT Operations.
Join the London IT Department of 28 staff, of which 7 are in the Operations team which is split into an Infrastructure team and a Networks & Security team. The Network and Security team has a particular focus on ensuring the firm's infrastructure is maintained with security best practices in mind. The team have global responsibility for all of the Networking and Security devices across all offices; this includes remote access of the firms systems and all inbound / outbound services.
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the firm's security systems. The individual will assist with managing all aspects of security across the firm including endpoint security, firewalls and networking devices and mobile devices. The individual will also be responsible for the planning, communication, implementation and reporting of security projects.
Duties & responsibilities
- Identify and analyse unauthorised activity (eg. misuse, malware, intrusion attempts) on the firm's networks and provide incident documentation and review.
- Inform and advise the firm on incidents and incident prevention.
- Work with colleagues within the Operations team to manage and configure server and system security and, in particular, the firm's external access solutions.
- Craft and maintain security policies in line with best practice.
- Perform research, design and implementation of new technologies and processes to improve the firm's security and cyber defences.
- Responsible for Security Incident management and associated reporting.
- Completion of timetabled and ad hoc security and vulnerability reviews, both in-house and working with third parties, and responsible for implementation and tracking of remediation activities.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities and inappropriate security controls.
- Implement business awareness sessions highlighting the risks to the firm around cyber security.
- Assess upgrades and alternative technologies for the firm's software, systems and infrastructure where necessary.
- Assist with advertising and ensuring that the firm's IT security policy is known, respected and adhered to.
- Produce, update and maintain system documentation for the firm's applications and systems and provide handover to colleagues through document or training as necessary.
- Work closely with all members of the IT department to provide a complete and cohesive IT service to our customers
Key Skills & Experience Required
- CISSP / CISM / any CCP certifications or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in an ISO27001 accredited environment.
- Working knowledge and management of: Cisco Switches / Cisco ASA Firewalls / Checkpoint Firewalls and Riverbed appliances.
- Management of antivirus software across all end devices.
- Essential working knowledge of IPS / IDS / DLP and encryption technologies.
- Essential working knowledge of disk encryption software and management of these devices.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an IT Security role managing a complex and global IT environment.
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Professional demeanour.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good understanding of working with the business to align IT solutions with business needs.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Flexible with regard to working hours.
Hours are Monday to Friday 7 hours a day with shifts between 8.00am and 6.30pm on a rota basis. Some escalation support outside of normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays, in accordance with a weekly on-call rota (usually one week in eight), and you will be entitled to a standby allowance when on-call and a payment per incident.