IT Support Engineer
We have an exciting new role for a 1st / 2nd line IT Support Engineer. You will be part of a team working alongside other 1st and 2nd line employees and will be part of the 2nd line team visiting client sites, resolving issues and taking direction from your team. All calls are logged and recorded using Zendesk Voice, at least 70% of calls are to be resolved over the phone.
Knowledge of Office 365 Administration is essential, Comptia, ITIL or Microsoft certifications are desired. We are looking for candidates who have a minimum of over two years’ experience working with IT.
Working as an IT Support Engineer, your daily duties will include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Remotely monitoring and maintaining clients’ computer systems and networks
- Resolving and diagnosing issues remotely, over the phone or visiting customers on-site
- Troubleshooting clients’ systems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Responding within agreed SLA to call-outs
- Working continuously on a task until completion or refer to third parties if appropriate
- Prioritising and managing multiple open cases at one time
- Establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
The IT Support Engineer will have experience using Active Directory, supporting Windows, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, networking, face to face interaction with customers and knowledge on how to build a computer. You will have great communication and customer service skills, be exceptionally organised as well as good problem diagnosis and troubleshooting skills. The IT Support Engineer will ideally have experience network cabling, using Zendesk and supporting Mac OSx. You must also have excellent attention to detail, the ability to follow policies and procedures and the ability to prioritise varied and busy work load whilst being a quick learner.
Working hours for the IT Support Engineer are Monday to Friday 9:30am-6:30pm.
If you have a minimum of two years IT support experience and you are looking for the next step in your career, please apply today!