H&S Advisor/Manager (Must Have Construction / M&E Experience)
One of the UK's leading Mechanical and Electrical Services Providers with over 40 years of trading based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire are currently looking for a H&S Advisor/Manager for a 12-18 month contract based on prestigious project in Tottenham, London.
This established company undertakes projects within various sectors including the pharmaceutical, health, education, leisure and residential.
The overall responsibility of the H&S Adviser is to support project execution and advice and monitor implementation of, and compliance, with Client and companies HSE Programme (Policies, HSE Plan, Procedures, Practices, Standards and Behaviours)
As a H&S Advisor/Manager you will be tasked with carrying out the following duties: responsibilities:
· Functionally / administratively responsible to HSE Manager
· Responsible for advising a number of projects reporting to the Operations Manager.
· Ensure high standards of health, safety and environmental issues within each project
· Develop the Group HSE Programme
· Take a Group lead on key HSE aspects.
· Developing HSE Programmes
· Develop, or support development of, inter Business programmes, as assigned
· Maintaining Group expertise for key HSE aspects, as assigned
· Supports pre-qualification process of sub-contractors
· Provides technical support to line management in the implementation of the HSE Programme
· Monitors Site compliance with statutory HSE responsibilities and the Site HSE Programme
· Supports development and implementation of key sub-contractors road maps
· Reviews project Risk Assessments and Method Statements, Site Procedures and practices.
· Identifies, manages and implements site HSE improvements
· Conducts HSE inspections and audits on company and subcontractors
· Providing expert resource for investigations into incidents, illnesses and injuries, with a view to establishing the root causes and making recommendations to prevent any recurrences.
Applications are now invited from candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
· A recognised Safety qualification (NEBOSH Certificate General and NEBOSH Certficate Construction)
· H&S or Environmental Diploma
· 2-5years work experience in HSE supervision of construction activities.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on or or