Java Engineer - Big Data
They are looking for a hands-on Data Engineer to join their Agile team. With a passion for data, you will work alongside other developers and QAs working on the development of new and existing data pipelines utilising Google Cloud Platform, turning requirements into finished technical solutions. You will get to work with massive large data sets to learn and apply the latest big data technologies on a fast leading edge technology Google Big Data platform.
- Write clear, efficient, tested code
- Handle server-side development of distributed Google applications
- Develop data loading/ETL processes for their Google Big Data Platform
- Develop code as part of a wider team, contributing to code review and solution design
- Contribute to evolution of standards and design patterns
- Deploy and maintain applications in production environment
- Solve challenging technical problems within distributed environments
- Work in a team using the Scrum/Kanban methodology ensuring that your team meets your backlog commitments
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
- Strong Java experience (mainly Core Java)
- Strong knowledge of OOP
- Hands-on experience with a cloud platform (Google Cloud is ideal but others considered) and Hadoop ecosystem experience (Hbase, Hive, Spark)
- Commercial experience with Linux.
- Messagedriven architecture with experience using ActiveMQ/Kafka or similar
- Track record of developing technology to enable large scale data transformation
- ETL data load process development
- Experience dealing with large and/or complex data sets
- Maven, Git
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies
- Embrace agile software engineering practices and tools; TDD, Continuous Integration etc.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, Agile software design principles and build processes
You'll find the office an interesting and enjoyable place to work, kitted out with the latest tech and breakout areas including a pool table and beer fridge.
This role is paying up to £80,000 for the ideal candidate.
For more information please contact Liam Grady on or