Web Service Manager
35 Hours per week
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Salary Circa 50,000
About the role
You will support the day to day operations of our digital products, including but not limited to our supporter journey, payment gateway, transaction processing, reporting, real-time systems monitoring, CRM and email service provider integration, infrastructure and hosting.
Working closely with stakeholders within the business, colleagues in Architecture and other departments within the Information & Digital Technology Directorate, as well as with external agencies, you will ultimately contribute to the resilience and efficiency of our internal Digital processes.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis
About the team
To maintain day to day operations for British Red Cross digital platforms, support the transition to our new web estate and help build and develop an integrated Service Delivery function. Manage external vendor.
About the person
- Management of integrating different systems (e.g. CRMs, website, reporting, payment gateways, 3D Secure)
- Working with external or in-house teams to build fundraising experiences and donation funnels
- Experience of working closely with payment gateways (E.g. WorldPay, PayPal)
- Experience of Service Delivery Management in an e-commerce environment
- Exceptional knowledge of e-commerce and system integration
- Working technical knowledge of databases including MS SQL!
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- Experience in a Business Analyst role would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Good project management, scheduling and stakeholder management skills
Closing date for applications is 23:59, 31st May 2017.
Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis