Head of Operations
We have a new opportunity for a Head of Operations to join our team based in Bracknell, Berkshire.
ILX is an internationally recognised provider of accredited professional learning, bespoke consulting and recruitment solutions. ILX delivers learning solutions for portfolio, programme and project management, IT service management, risk management and business financial literacy via a blend of multimedia e-Learning, games and simulations, mobile learning, traditional classroom training, practical workshops and coaching. ILX has provided best practice learning to more than 250,000 people, across 5,000 organisations, in over 100 countries. The company and its multilingual trainers can support customers around the world with local offices in the UK, Middle East, India, Australia and New Zealand.
The Head of Operations is responsible for ensuring the provision of excellent service to ILX Group Customers and employees alike in relation to consulting and classroom based training and related services.
A varied and hands on role, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of our Operation from team management, maintaining documentation, identifying opportunities to improve and enhance procedures, producing MI on KPIs and driving change projects.
The role will manage a team of six people. This team is responsible for maintaining the excellent standard in all aspects of training and consulting administration to a diverse range of customers situated around the world.
Training and consulting delivery takes place throughout the world and challenges occasionally arise in the evening or weekend. The role holder must be prepared to provide occasional support to remote trainers, consultants and clients outside of normal office hours.
- Managing, developing and motivating an operations team responsible for public scheduled courses, client specific training events and consulting interventions
- Ownership for all operational processes and procedures. Responsible for process and training documentation
- Own continuous improvement plan; Scope, manage and deliver change projects to core operational processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure all booking request are processed to SLA
- Undertaking weekly audit of upcoming events to ensure trainers and venues are confirmed and that materials and course exams have been delivered
- Point of escalation for all service issues. Ownership of resolution of issues, route cause analysis and implementing process enhancements to prevent issues re-occurring where required.
- Liaising with external industry bodies to arrange examinations and assessments and ensuring that all training materials are fully compliant and accredited.
Cost Management and Reporting
- Optimisation of the future schedule of public training events to maximise revenue opportunity, event profitability and minimise course cancellations.
- Ensuring the careful management of the direct costs associated with delivering training events, and courses
- Ensuring the prompt production of cost reports and liaising closely with the finance team to facilitate end of period reconciliation processes and credit control.
- Growing our network of external contractors to extend our delivery capability into new markets and territories
Who the role interacts with
Setting strategy and objectives. Weekly reporting on team performance of point of escalation.
Team management, work allocation and resource management to ensure all tasks are completed to required standards within SLAs
3rd Party Suppliers:
Management of key 3rd party suppliers used in the delivery of training services to our clients.
Business Systems Analyst:
Scoping and implementing changes to operational procedures.
Day-to-day user support, point of escalation for customer complaints and service issues.
Advertising and promoting course availability
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have a background in or experience of running an operational team in a services environment. This will include planning and organisation, balancing competing priorities, meeting deadlines, financial abilities to include cost control and end month reporting, effective team management. Specific experience in training would be a particular advantage.
The role holder will demonstrate qualities of consistency, accuracy, attention to detail and tenacity. They will constantly seek to improve performance and will maintain and develop high levels of cooperation with both ILX employees and their external suppliers. They must be self-motivated with good organisational skills and a personality that will fit into the diverse existing team. In addition, they must also fit well within the wider ILX management team and be able to operate independently; this will include the ability to operate in a fast moving and challenging environment, deliver to tight deadlines and the ability to identify and resolve problems at all stages. An independent thinker with the capacity to look outside the box occasionally.
PLEASE NOTE: As much as we would love to respond to all applicants, due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for an interview.