KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
Our three main markets are:
- Enterprises: organisations with complex needs look to us to help them transform their operations and experience to become more customer-centric, agile and efficient
- Businesses: we help businesses embrace the power of technology to become more successful
- Consumers: households across Hull and East Yorkshire can choose from our range of voice, broadband and TV services to suit their needs
The Test Analyst, part of our Test Team, provides effective test consultancy skills to enable successful delivery of projects to time, budget, quality and scope.
What will I be doing?
As Test Analyst, you will plan, design, execute and report tests, using the relevant testing tools and techniques. You will ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented.
You'll be responsible for the creation of test cases using in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
You'll need to create traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. In your role you will produce test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services, specifying requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
Your results will be recorded and analysed within a defect register, results reviewed and tests modified if necessary. You'll be expected to provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project and system quality.
What do I need to do this job?
- Proven testing experience
- Analysis skills
- Experience of using test management tools
- Good understanding of the test tools market place
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional customer facing skills
- A delivery focused attitude with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- The ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of people both internally and externally to the organisation
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Problem solving ability
- Genuine team player
- ISTQB Foundation Level in Test
- ? Agile testing experience beneficial
- ? Experience of Test Driven Development practices
- ? Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
o HP LoadRunner
o HP UFT
o SOAP UI
What we can offer you?
This is a growing, changing company in which you will have the continued opportunity to work on new initiatives. The role offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and progression within the role
What are my hours of work?
You'll be working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
You'll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, bonus, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join The KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.