Project Manager (Financial Services Experience Essential)
Our client is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation that operates mainly in the financial services industry. Due to continued success and expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced client facing Project Manager to join their team.
The Project Manager is responsible for the end to end management of projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements. The Project Manager will provide leadership to a distributed project team in multiple locations, and the proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
This may involve the delivery of a single large scale project (budget up to £1m) or multiple smaller projects.
The Project Manager role is a client facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a senior level. Please note that our client will not consider candidates without a 1st class degree, Masters or MBA. Financial Services experience is also essential.
· Manage the delivery of the project through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
· Develop and maintain an end to end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
· Take accountability for working with all internal Directorates/areas to agree scope, timelines and artefacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
· Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Lead Business Analyst, the Build Manager, and the Test Manager, estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
· Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting to the PMO, Head of Delivery and Account Director as required
· Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues, and take ownership for ensuring these mitigation plans are executed, or escalate to the Account Director or Head of Delivery as is appropriate.
· Ensure project changes are managed in line with the internal and client requirements, and all commercial changes to the project are agreed with the Account Director.
· Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately and contracts are in place and managed to ensure the required outcomes for the business.
- Lead, manage and motivate a virtual team in multiple geographic locations, communicating project progress, and ensuring all team members take accountability for delivery.
- Provide coaching, advice and support performance management with line manager’s where necessary.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
- Be an active member of the PM community, contributing to team sessions and central improvement initiatives, and sharing best practice and lessons learned.
· PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent qualification
· 1st Class degree, Masters or MBA essential
· Microsoft Project
· Strong leadership skills.
· Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
· 3+ years in experience in leading the delivery of business critical delivery projects.
· Self-starter, able to work independently.
· Good communication skills and capable of working with customers and internal staff.
· Experience of managing stakeholders to executive levels.
The Project Manager will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and be used to working in a highly pressurized and fast paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Project Manager then please apply now for immediate consideration.