Collaboration Support Engineer
Collaboration Support Engineer - Up to 40k plus benefits - London
Support Engineer / System Administrator / Linux System Admin
Information about the role
A Collaboration Support Engineer is required to join the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. This a fantastic opportunity to work within the Application Operations engineering team to improve reliability and performance of their platforms supporting the world's premier news, video, pictures and multimedia agency.
Responsible for providing incident support to a high standard by strictly adhering to existing methods of working and by liaising closely with our 1st level and other internal teams to speed service recovery times.
Responsible for the management of change activity related to product and environmental enhancement and growth.
The successful candidate would be expected to join the on-call rota after an initial training period.
- Understanding of LINUX internals and Security and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Good knowledge of Web technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols
- Good automatic installation server experience
- Knowledge of VIrtual Platforms
- Knowledge HP ProLiant and Blade hardware platforms
- An appreciation of EMC SAN arrays and connectivity
- Understand communication between applications to troubleshoot performance issues
- Ability to multitask, and work under pressure with changing priorities
- Methodology in investigating technical issues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- ITIL Foundation preferred.
The business offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: 25 days annual leave, car allowance, excellent company discounts, 10% bonus and pension.
For any further information contact Matthew Dewsnap on .