Windows System Administrator
Generic Network Systems (GNS) is a boutique managed services/hosting company, primarily for investment firms. We manage systems all over the world from our NYC, San Francisco & Portland offices. We have collocation sites in North America, Europe and Asia.
GNS is looking for a System Administrator to assist in the maintenance & support of hosted system, running portfolio management & accounting systems and remote client workstations. This position is with our Windows System Administrator group.
- Day-to-day system, workstation & application support of geographically-diverse clients. This includes office visits to some of our London-based clients. No other travel is required.
- Ensure client requests are responded to in a timely fashion; document & report status; escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge.
- Build, upgrade & maintain systems on multiple platforms.
- Troubleshoot, resolve & document solutions related to systems, applications and DR/backup jobs.
- 1-2 years’ experience supporting Windows-based servers; including use of Microsoft SQL Manager.
- Familiarity with VMware vCenter.
- Experienced in troubleshooting issues related to VMware VM's, Windows AD, SQL Services, DNS, IIS and IP networking.
- Good problem-solving ability and interest in learning.
- Responsible, proactive, great interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 management, the Citrix XenApp platform & Zerto Virtual Replication products.
- Experience in a scripting language, preferably Windows Power Shell.
- UNIX experience.
- Cisco network equipment experience.
- Work in a small but very experienced team in fast growing company.
- Exposure to a wide range of software and hardware with almost unlimited opportunity to advance and learn.
- Company reimbursed tuition for relevant training.
- Flexible working environment with good health care and paid vacation.
Salary range is between £40K - £50K per year, depending on experience and abilities.
- Light 'On-Call' rotation duties for weekend/holiday client emergencies.
- Candidates must be able to legally work in the United Kingdom. We cannot sponsor a visa.
- Principals Only Please (No Recruiters)