Job Description - Assistant Manager
The Assistant Manager is accountable for delivering Company goals, through alignment with the brand and ethos, inspirational team leadership and development and an unswerving desire to introduce products that deliver the key features that will deliver customer benefits at an individual customer level.
Health & Safety
Customers and Customer measures
Store team and People measures
Store Recourse’s and Budgets
Deputising for the Branch Manager in their absence
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills and experience gained in a customer centric retail environment.
- Leadership skills including setting a clear direction for your team, inspiring others, able to articulate vision and values with conviction.
- Communication and influencing skills that generate commitment and loyalty.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and delegate your own and others work in a highly organised way ensuring high standards of quality and service are maintained always
- Wide industry knowledge and ability to act with commerciality as a key component of your decision making
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and to promote the benefits of change to those around you
- Extensive and relevant managerial experience - managing and handling complex and difficult situations
- Developed coaching and mentoring skills
- A positive and engaging disposition while upholding the ethics and values of the organisation
- You always treat others with dignity and respect
- Encourages organisational and individual social responsibility
- Adhere to requests from management and undertake work in accordance with designated policies and procedures
- Ambition to achieve and exceed goals.
Operations - Deliver against plans & objectives
- Achieve OE targets that have been set
- Able to overcome difficulties, changing your approach when needed
- Able to identify, organise and make the best use of resources needed to complete tasks, plan for success and achieve results
Team - Develop and lead passionate & effective teams
- Provide clear direction and priorities for both individuals and the team
- Ensure others have access to the resources they need to achieve success
- To cultivate a positive team attitude and motivate your team to deliver
- Recruiting the right people and managing through our conduct and capability process
- Lead your people to deliver a great experience for our customers
- Inspire a positive attitude in store
- Deliver a robust performance and development program within your team to lead and deliver the highest store and people standards