ASP.NET & Front-End Developer - up to £50,000 - Bradford
The Senior Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing IT systems ensuring they operate as required and continue to support business needs. IT systems covered include internal point solutions and end customer portals.
As required, the Developer will also be responsible for developing new IT solutions.
Working with internal and external customers to capture business requirements, develop software code and test the solution to ensure it is fit for purpose.
As directed by the Technical Team Lead the Developer will work within agreed standards to maintain existing systems and develop new solution.
Web Solution Development
- Develop web solutions including internal business point solutions, and consumer facing solutions
- Define enhancements to existing IT systems ensuring solution is fully understood and changes have no detrimental impact
- Maintain a good awareness of business activities in order to identify areas when internally developed solutions can add further value and ensure these improvements are implemented
- Ensure all developments meet team, company & regulatory standards
- Maintain, extend and enhance existing point solutions
- Provide technical & user support to the business for point solutions
- Design and develop IT solutions using the Microsoft tool set that are fit for purpose and deliver benefits
- Where possible develop prototype solution and review with BA & customer to clarify and confirm requirements. As required convert prototype into a recognised IT solution undertaking development and test activities and working with customer to obtain sign off in the agreed timeline
- Ensure these solutions have appropriate level of documentation so that they can be enhanced and maintained by the team
- Able to work with internal and external customers to understand requirements, manage expectations and influence the web solutions delivered
- Provide advice in the appropriate application of IT to provide increased business capabilities or reduction of costs
- The Developer must be able to travel for business, sometimes over extended periods (including weekends)
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent web development skills - ability to design and develop web solutions using Microsoft and Web technologies
- Good awareness of business activities; able to identify areas where an internally developed web solution can add further value and ensure these improvements are implemented
- Strong team player who is able to work quickly & accurately across full SDLC & different technologies to maximise team value
- Appetite for acquiring new skills and utilising technology for business benefit
- Able to work closely with colleagues both within IT and across the wider business to understand business needs and translate these into IT system requirements
- Approachable, Can Do attitude, Responsive, Helpful
- Ability to understand business needs and translate these into IT system requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- IT Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years IT experience in a business solution development environment
- Experience of delivering web solutions using the ASP.net stack and C#
- Experiencing of working directly with customers to design, develop and implement solutions that have provided tangible business benefit
- Experience of the Financial Services sector