Sharepoint Applications Analyst
SharePoint Business Application Analyst
As a SharePoint Business Application Analyst you take responsibility for the management, administration and development of the SharePoint environment and support its related applications.
This role is expected to enforce SharePoint best practices, identify modifications and upgrades required for existing SharePoint environments and work with the infrastructure team to manage change requests related to the systems.
The core goals for the Knowledge Management team are to provide stable, reliable SharePoint platform upon which is built a standards-driven business-focused community and collaboration internal platform where people can engage to share thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
In addition to technical skills related to SharePoint, a deep understanding of the Microsoft collaboration ecosystem is required which encompasses Windows 10, Office 2016, Skype for Business, Yammer and Office 365. You will be passionate about all things Microsoft and have a desire to push the technology to a higher level.
- Provide support to end users of and troubleshoot issues with SharePoint 2010, 2013 and SharePoint Online
- Provide support to SharePoint applications and other applications or functionalities that are integrated with the SharePoint environment
- Configure SharePoint farm, services and settings adhering to Microsoft best practice guidelines
- Monitoring and optimisation of SharePoint servers and environment to ensure optimum performance
- Manage system security, patching, maintenance and upgrades when necessary
- Support planning, migration of SharePoint sites from on premise to online
- Work closely with stakeholders at all levels and remotely at different geographic locations to provide solutions to business requirements leveraging SharePoint and Office 365 and related technologies
- Provide users with best practices advice on SharePoint functions and related collaboration tools
- Contribute to delivering Knowledge Management BAU projects
Needs to have:
- Experience in SharePoint 2010, 2013 and SharePoint Online as part of the Microsoft Office 365 ecosystem including SharePoint configuration (e.g. site/list/library/permissions), workflow and SharePoint designer
- Experience in using the SharePoint PowerShell module
- Experience in working with SharePoint Central Administration
- Experience with the troubleshooting of performance issues on SharePoint 2010 and 2013
- Understanding of the infrastructure related aspects of SharePoint including Microsoft Windows Server administration, networking, storage, load balancing, IIS and identity management
- Experience in SQL Server is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML and web design - preferred but not essential
- Knowledge in image manipulation - file formats, colour space, resizing, editing using layers, creating images for the publishing site. - preferred but not essential
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.