IT Project Manager - Agile
Our client believes that everyone with the right support will flourish irrespective of their age, circumstance or background.
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Project Manager (Agile) to join our client’s IT Team on a permanent basis. This is an important role in which you will support the design and delivery of a number of high profile new contracts and internal transformation projects.
Are you an IT Project Manager with experience of running IT Agile Software Delivery Projects as a Scrum Master? Wish to utilise your expertise to make a positive, lasting difference to people’s lives? If so, then this job could be for you!
Essentially, you will be responsible for a wide variety of IT Projects covering all areas of the Global Business and internal IT Department. This will include managing the full lifecycle of complex multi stream projects from requirements gathering through development, testing, training and handover to business as usual.
A typical day will include:
- Owning and maintaining a detailed view of all projects currently running within the portfolio, which will be used to manage the allocation of resources, schedule in new projects and provide accurate timescales and information to key stakeholders.
- Escalating key issues with proposed resolution options to Department Heads/ PMs as appropriate. Creating agendas, taking meeting minutes, creating status reports and task lists.
- Preparing project plans, Gantt charts, detailed budget reports and dependency diagrams for critical projects.
- Maintaining project issues /risk logs, managing key communications for the team with stakeholders and following up potential project blockers with business owners/leads as required.
- Liaising with other IT and Business Project Managers to ensure the IT Department has clear visibility of project progress and key risks/issues to project deliverables.
You must have the following experience and skills:
Managing complex multi stream software development projects and delivering projects to budget.
Stakeholder management and managing conflicting priorities.
Project administration and reporting experience and must be able to constructively challenge to seek best outcomes for the team and their projects.
Competence in project resource scheduling, risk and issue identification and devising/implementing project control and mitigation strategies
Excellent knowledge of troubleshooting and possess problem solving skills.
Excellent knowledge of APM or Prince 2 Practitioner and agile software development methodology.
Why join our client?
Over 2,700 employees work across 11 countries to help people take control of their education, their careers, their health and their future. Be a part of our client’s success story.
In return for your hard work and supporting our client to make a difference, our client provides a competitive benefits package including a free day’s annual leave to enjoy your birthday!
To find out more, please apply and we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
Employment will commence following completion of a basic DS check.