We are seeking a CAD Operator for our brilliant client based at their site in St Neots. The company successfully Design, Manufacture and install rooflights and skylights working with both Domestic and Commercial customer, main contractors, architects and local authorities across the UK. The company are 16 years old and have enjoyed great success during this time.
The purpose of this position is to assist and contribute to the smooth running of the Technical Department. Currently the company are using AutoCAD 2D & 3D but with the view to begin using Inventor software very soon.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of latest building regulations and requirements in order to ensure product compliance
- Continuous improvement of existing products
- Produce detailed manufacturing drawings
- Produce approval drawings
- Upkeep the spreadsheets for standard product manufacture
- Produce accurate records in accordance with ISO 9001 accreditation
- Working closely with clients and suppliers in order to maintain a close and positive working relationship
- Keep in regular contact with clients to ensure confirmation of approved drawings is provided by the client
- Maintain client and supplier relationships
Ideally, we are seeking candidates from the roof light/sky light/architectural glazing industry with previous experience within a similar capacity. Although the role is based in St Neots there will be periods of time where you will be required to work from site for prolonged periods of time, as such, some flexibility to work outside standard hours may be required. Skills and attributes for this role are as follows:
- Ideally a Design Qualification in Civil and/or Engineering and a proven track record within structural glazing developments
- Previous experience within a similar industry would be advantageous and sound knowledge of the fundamental technical principles
- Experience of working with ISO9001 Compliance and 2015 General Awareness Training
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong CAD skills (autoCAD) also ideally some experience with Schuco would be advantageous
- Fantastic communication skills
The standard hours of work are 08:30 - 16:45 Monday - Thursday and 08:30 - 16:00 on a Friday. This role offers such a brilliantly exciting opportunity to join a thriving business. To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, .LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!