Year 2 Teacher
Location: Wimbledon, London
Contract: One Year contract
Start date: September 2017
Our client, an independent (pre-prep) school in Wimbledon, is looking to appoint a KS1 (Year 2) teacher on a full-time, fixed term contract (one year) starting from September.
The school is a pre-preparatory school for 165 pupils aged 4-8 years. It is situated in a lovely building with a large playground area surrounded by trees. The school has an excellent reputation and feeds pupils through to many respected schools such as King's College, Colet Court, Dulwich College, Rokeby, Shrewsbury House, Feltonfleet and Milbourne Lodge.
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint a full-time, experienced, able, enthusiastic and dynamic Year 2 Class Teacher who will:
* Inspire and challenge able young pupils through planning, preparation and delivery of excellent lessons.
* Ensure that marking, recording, assessment and reporting meet the academic and pastoral needs of each individual child.
* Offer pastoral care and support, providing the children with a secure environment in which they can learn.
* Have the ability to build good relationships with children, parents and colleagues and demonstrate effective communication skills. Patience, flexibility, a commitment to teamwork and a sense of humour are essential attributes.
* Take a leading role in the development of a subject area, preferably Mathematics.
* Be willing to contribute to our extensive programme of extra curricular activities.
The successful applicant must have experience of the London Day School application process for ages 7 - 8+.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply for this Year 2 teaching job, please send your up-to-date CV to Francesca at Connaught Education: , including your full name, address and contact details. We will consider interested candidates at the earliest possible time, and aim to respond to your application within 48 hours. The school reserves the right to appoint before the advertisement deadline.
Connaught Education is a trading brand of Connaught Resourcing and operates as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency. We are a committed equal opportunities employer who respect and value cultural diversity. We are committed to supporting the welfare of children and young people. In support of current Safeguarding legislation we will carry out background checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure as part of our recruitment and selection procedures.