Account Manager - Software Solutions
Account Manager / Business Development Manager / New Business / Solution Sales / Software Sales - Local Government / Public Sector
Location Woking - Office based 2 days, field based 3 days
£30,000 to £45,000 Basic Dep on experience, OTE £60,000 per annum
Fuel Allowance £0.45 per mile, All expenses paid for travel, fuel, taxi train, tube, hotel etc
A fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Account Manager / Business Development Manager to join a successful software company during their current period of growth!
My clients are market leaders at providing software solutions within the local government industry and due to this success the company is looking for an Account Manager / Business Development Manager to help drive the business further.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is hungry and driven and is looking to join a company at an integral stage in their development and contribute to their success.
The ideal Account Manager / Business Development Manager will have previously sold into the public sector / local government arena, coupled with experience of selling software solutions - as well as having the eye to spot and hunt new business opportunities.
The work will, by its nature, be varied but will include:
- Achieving agreed sales targets
- Ensuring you have an in-depth understanding of the financial status of your portfolio including individual value, billing and maintenance renewal dates as well as customer budgets
- Actively seeking to increase the services offered to your portfolio and increase the income generated in conjunction with the cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Maintaining accurate account plans for each client and prospect
- Carrying out regular marketing and lead generation activity
- Building a pipeline of sustainable long term business
- Dealing with all aspects of sales campaigns
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding strong client relationships through regular close contact with clients and prospects. This will include regular face to face meetings, telephone and email communication
- Delivering sales presentations to ’C’-level executives
- Building a network of partner activity to generate additional revenue