Our Client is looking for an fully certified Commercial Gas Engineer to cover the Exeter/North Devon area to work on various Facilities Management/Building Services Contracts. The role is a mobile position working within a confined radius of North Devon (No Nationwide Travel) and can include working on client sites in a high street environment.
Our Client is a large Facilities Management, Building and Construction service provider.
The Gas Engineer will be required to carry out planned and reactive maintenance on a variety of commercial units and be required to carry out other basic maintenance duties such as Plumbing, AC and Fabric biased maintenance in Exeter and surrounding areas.
- Work on own and as part of a team carrying out routine PPM, reactive and minor repair works as assigned ensuring all deliverable SLA/KPI targets are met or exceeded
- Attend Callouts/breakdowns and carry out fault diagnosis, repair or advise as required
- To work safety and follow company health and safety to ensure safety of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors
- Take full responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, carrying out skilled planned maintenance, repair and improvements.
- Install new plant and equipment when required
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant
- Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings
- Deliver excellent customer service in this client facing role and ensure excellent client relationships are sustained
The Gas Engineer based in Exeter will have:
- Proven track record working for a similar building services company or have background in building services/facilities management maintenance.
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship in a relevant discipline- Gas or Electrical- NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Relevant certification & competences on Installation, Service and Maintenance Gas Fired Appliances for the range of gas work the role requires them to undertake.
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Advantageous if competent in carrying out minor electrical/fabric and plumbing repairs
An engineer will require suitable qualifications to work on specific gas appliances such as:
- Competitive Salary
- Fully Expensed Van (Personal Use allowed)
- Incentive Scheme (Engineers can earn up to 20% of Monthly salary)
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Continuous on the Job training and Career Development Opportunities