Senior Planner - Wigan
My client is a Tier 1 contractor who predominantly work within the Health, Education, Commercial, Hotels and Leisure and Retail. My client currently turns over around £1.5 Billion as a business.
Due to their current growth plans they are looking to recruit a number of staff for their North-West office.
The contractor I am partnered with is currently working on a number of frameworks in the North West including the North-West Construction Hub.
As a leading main contractor who are experiencing significant growth, my client is keen to strengthen their Planning Team to assist with tender planning and in the delivery of live projects on site.
As a Senior Planner, you will provide planning management and support to both the pre-contract and contract operations for the business. You will coordinate with bid and construction teams to manage and control the planning and programming aspects of bid proposals and projects in progress
As an experienced Senior Planner, you will be educated to professional level with a relevant degree or equivalent in a core business discipline and you will have extensive experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis. You will have the ability to plan construction works from first principles, preferably with experience in multi discipline major projects and you will have extensive site experience on business related projects in a management or supervisory capacity.
The ideal candidate will come from a main contractor and have worked on New Build schemes of varying values. You must have site based experience and tender exposure would be beneficial.
- Sector experience would be ideal: Commercial, Industrial, Retail etc
- Asta Power Project
- Production of tender programmes and working with Bid Team 10 years' experience with a main contractor
- Experience in the Education Section is ideal
- Adaptable to deal with changing project requirements
- Team player able to work as part of a larger team or alone when required
- Proven track record in the sector or similar role, preferably with a main contractor
- A naturally inquisitive nature to challenge ideas and provide innovative solutions
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Toby Stephens at Edge Careers.