Market Research Associate Director - Rare Disease
Strong qualitative research manager / director with rare disease experience for a leading pharmaceutical market research agency in London
Your new company
Hays is working exclusively with THE PLANNING SHOP international - a leading market research agency, performing qualitative research within the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, with a highly collaborative, open and supportive working atmosphere - to recruit a Research Manager / Associate Director within non-oncological rare / orphan diseases.
Based in West London, but working with global clients, the company works on projects covering the whole drug lifecycle and has significant expertise in pre-launch positioning and brand-development research.
As well as significant staff increases, the company has massively exceeded their financial targets, and is looking to add people at all levels to sustain this growth.
Your new role
You will be actively supporting the Vice President of Rare Diseases, taking on high level responsibilities to continue growing the business in this area through building client relationships, finding innovative solutions to problems and leading projects from conception through to final delivery. Major responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead on qualitative primary research projects within the rare / orphan disease area;
- Managing project teams, with the potential to directly line manage at least one RE/SRE;
- Working closely with the field and global operations teams to carry out projects;
- Contributing towards strategy for research and client approach;
- Managing and fostering relationships with clients, turning these into long-term partnerships;
- Delivering creative solutions on projects;
- Building collaborations with other sections of Adelphi / Omnicom to deliver wider-scope projects;
- Assisting with writing and delivering proposals; and
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget, to provide a high level of service to clients.
This role will not be working within oncology, but instead focuses on a diverse array of therapeutic areas, such as haemophilia, Sickle Cell disease, lysosomal storage disorders and Huntingdon's disease. There will also be opportunities to present at conferences, or write papers for publication, and travel (both national and international) will be required for this role.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as excellent communication, organisational and technical abilities within market research, you will need to be passionate about rare disease research and have a keen interest in learning more about multiple disease areas. You should have:
- Experience of working on, or managing, qualitative primary market research projects within rare diseases (excluding oncology), with project leadership within this area an advantage;
- A deep interest in the rare disease area;
- Excellent qualitative research experience, ideally mixed with some quantitative exposure;
- Experience of client interaction and / or account management;
- The ability to build relationships and collaborations both internally and externally;
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience within a pharmaceutical market research or pharmaceutical company carrying out qualitative primary research;
- Excellent communication skills, with an exacting attention to detail;
- A track record of providing innovative solutions to problems encountered within research projects; and
- The ability to travel both nationally and internationally for project work.
For more senior candidates, experience of line management would be a significant advantage, as you will be responsible for managing a Research Executive / Senior Research Executive.
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to grow your career within a leading market research company; a fantastic working environment with great training, development and progression opportunities; a generous salary and benefits package; and the chance to make a real impact on the company's rare disease department.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, especially as I am recruiting for a number of market research, and insight/analytics focused roles in the pharmaceutical industry.