Systems Engineer - Linux - Systematic Hedge Fund
Based in the heart of London, this boutique technology-based hedge fund has experienced phenomenal success since their inception, using cutting-edge technology to thrive in the financial world. They pride themselves on not being the traditional corporate finance firm and due to their continued and steady growth, this tight-knit team are growing once again.
They are on the lookout for an exceptional Systems Engineer with Linux experience to join the team
In this Systems Engineer job, you will be joining a team of three to use cutting-edge technology to analyse and monetise global data. As the company's trading is completely automated, the infrastructure behind this is second to none; you will be focusing on bringing automation and efficiency to all areas of the business. You will be working with ex-Google and Facebook Software Engineers, so you will need to be the very best in your team, preferably with 1 to 2 years' Systems Engineering experience.
In this Systems Engineer job, your tasks will involve:
- Maintaining all infrastructure across predominantly Linux, Windows, Virtual Machines & Containers
- Being incredibly hands-on with configuring networking devices, databases and storage solutions
- Providing excellent support for all user requests and issues
- Monitoring and dealing with alerts to improve the efficiency of the platform
- Understanding when to carry out project work across all infrastructure and IT systems
- Learning, trialling and implementing new technologies at any opportunity
- Identifying best practice standards, focusing on Open Source technologies
What we're looking for?
- Hands-on experience with Linux, ideally Ubuntu or Debain
- Top academics with a Computer Science background and systems experience
- Knowledge of Puppet or other configuration management tools
- A solid understanding of scripting in Shell, Python or Ruby and an eagerness to utilise these skills
- Experience within VMWare or virtualisation technologies
- Experience with apache, git, svn or rsyslog
- CCNA or CCNP qualifications ideally but not essential, hands-on experience is more desirable
- A tech-savvy communicator
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on a range of different projects simultaneously
So, what else is on offer?
- Excellent starting basic salary of £40,000 - £45,000 + discretionary bonus
- Fantastic offices in the heart of the City, overlooking the whole of London
- Plenty of scope for progression within the company
- Private medical health care and generous pension scheme
- Gym membership and an onsite gym
- Regular team events, including an annual ski tip
Got a Computer Science degree under your belt and looking for Systems Engineer jobs? Waste no time and apply for this Systems Engineer job in London today!