We are currently looking for a Buyer to join an expanding team. You will have experience of working in a busy, fast paced environment and preferably have a background in manufacturing or engineering purchasing. Being part of the Supply Chain team you will manage the end to end supply of materials to ensure the best price and delivery schedule.
What will the Buyer role entail?
• Negotiating pricing with existing and new suppliers.
• Place PO’s with suppliers using MRP systems, ensuring budget forecast visibility and invoice compliance
• Expedite supply of materials and manage supplier order books
• Prioritise delivery of materials with suppliers to ensure sufficient supply is available to meet programme schedules
• Manage suppliers’ performance guaranteeing metrics are maintained and corrective actions are carried out
• Develop relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders
• An element of stock taking, stock scheduling using in-house systems
What will I need to succeed?
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Purchasing in a manufacturing or engineering environment
• Experience in placing and managing purchase orders
• Experience in working with an MRP system to manage procurement and inventory
• Can read and interpret Engineering Drawings – would be desirable
• Negotiation and cost management experience
• Strong and demonstrable supplier negotiation skills
• Strong analytical competence with advanced Microsoft and Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our clients location is commutable from Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft and Ipswich.