Accounts Manager / Client Accounts Manager - Coventry, to £37,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known Coventry based Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Senior Accountant / Accounts Manager to join their growing Client Outsourcing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, the role would ideally suit aQualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) or highly experienced QBE from a small to mid-tier or well-known Regional Accountancy practice. You will be working within a large team in a business that has a diverse client base of companies up to £100m turnover across a range of sectors. Key duties include:
- Client bookkeeping and management accounts preparation on a monthly and/or quarterly basis
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns for clients
- Setting up cloud-based computerised bookeeping/accounting systems for clients and related internal training
- Supervising a number of junior qualified and PQ client accountants
- Production of year-end statutory accounts from trial balance for a range of companies
- Production of corporation tax computations (CT600) with assistance from the internal Tax team
- Dealing with any accounting queries from clients and HMRC
- Providing advice to clients on various matters from changes in accounting/payroll legislation to systems-related projects
- Providing solutions to technical issues and demonstrating technical knowledge to supervise relevant project areas
- Supporting the Leadership team with growing the Outsourcing service across the Midlands
- Ensuring the quality ofaccounts work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
To be considered for the role you should be seeking a practice where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader client base will be made available to you, and knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and computerised accounting packages (including cloud-based systems) would be an advantage. Previous experience of client accounting & book-keeping, VAT returns and monthly/quarterly accounts preparation is vital as the main focus of the position is managing client expectations, client delivery and deadlines.
On offer is a salary up to £37,000 + excellent benefits including 20 days holidays with the option to buy more, flexi-time, pension scheme and free car parking. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile