Business Development Assistant insurer
FPSG is delighted to be assisting this leading insurance company in their search for a Business Development Assistant to join their expanding office in Glasgow city centre.
As a key member of the branch team, the Business Development Assistant has the responsibility of managing and coordinating prospects, enquiries, cross sales and renewals within the branch. Acting as the central, internal sales specialist they will liaise as necessary with brokers, underwriters, risk managers and other internal staff, ensuring that additional information and clients' needs are fully identified and obtained.
They will then pull together compelling client solutions, ensuring client needs are fully matched, and working with Underwriters and Managers to position with brokers so that they are the recommended solution for their client.
* To have a full and comprehensive understanding of the company's alternative approach and be able to clearly position and sell this to brokers and underwriters, and undertake comprehensive client needs analysis.
* To work closely with the Manager, Underwriters and Brokers to obtain and provide any additional information required for the prospect, enquiry, cross sale and renewal process.
* To co-ordinate and monitor all prospect, enquiry, cross sale and renewal activity internally and support the liaison between the Manager, Underwriters and Brokers
* Using our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and the diary dates, to effectively manage and control prospects, enquiries and renewals, and to liaise with underwriters and brokers as necessary to ensure deadlines are met and commitment is in place.
* To build relationships both internally and externally (including joint & solo "face to face" visits) with Brokers to ensure that the company alternative approach is fully understood, and that the value of our offering is acknowledged by our brokers and recommended to their clients.
* To support the branch in achieving its enquiry key ratios of hitting targeted enquiry numbers, decline ratio 50%, conversion 40% and hitting our average premium objectives.
* To lead and drive internal and external Sales Campaigns within both the branch and broker panel.
* Contribute to the strategic planning and reporting, be able to analyse internal and external performance and devise more effective solutions to deliver a better result for the branch.
* Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required.
* Where applicable ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time
* Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
* To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
* Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organisational effectiveness.
To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned.
The ideal applicant for this role will have:
* A strong understanding of commercial insurance risks, either gained with underwriting or broking.
* Strong business development skills.
* Written, verbal and numerical skills appropriate to the role
* Strong organisational, persuasion, presentation, prioritisation and negotiation skills.
* Sound IT skills.
* Ability to be innovative to bring together effective client solutions.
* Determined, driven and self-motivated character.
* Ability to work with brokers and staff at all levels.
* ACII or working towards desirable
* Past experience in a sales role.
This position comes with a competitive salary to £32,000 plus cont pension and a flexible benefits package.
For more information on this role, please forward your CV to Elaine McCrink quoting reference 61805.5emc
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.