Bench Store Manager- Midlands
Bench Store Manager (Rugby, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Hinckley)
Clintons is in the business of helping our customers celebrate life’s occasions and those of the people they care about. We understand that all kinds of relationships are to be treasured and we provide ways to enhance and cherish these everyday.
Under the leadership of our new owners we have a restructured estate geared towards on-going profitability, investment in our stores and a fantastic new product offering. Our stores really are benefiting from a radical transformation so it is an exciting time to join us on our journey.
As a Bench Store Manager you’ll be someone that shares our love of delighting others. You’ll take full ownership of your business and lead your team to achieve sales targets whilst delivering outstanding customer service. You’ll be an experienced and commercially focused retail manager.
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- To be accountable for the business performance of an individual store within a pre-agreed range of stores and the management and development of the store team you are working with, ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service. • To provide Store Management cover as required within your pre-agreed range of stores, ensuring high standards of performance and customer service are achieved and maintained for the duration of covering period.
- To drive the sales and profitability of the store obtaining outstanding results • To set an example and deliver exceptional customer service with in the store • To be aware of competitor activity and take action where relevant to ensure maximum footfall and profitability in your store • To work with the District Manager to develop a strategic plan on a quarterly basis to ensure objectives and business goals are met • To respond appropriately and timely to all customer questions and complaints, asking for help when needed • To work with the Loss Prevention team to develop, and implement loss prevention control to prevent internal/external theft and system errors • Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management • To plan and manage all aspects of Health & Safety in accordance with the law and Company Standards • To be responsible for store stock control, stock count, store payroll budgets and targets • To manage and have overall responsibility for all cash handling, banking and safe procedures always following Company standards • To be responsible for all aspects of till management including number of open tills, till issuing, cash handling and variances
- To work with the District Manager and HR in dealing with people issues effectively and in a timely manner • To be responsible for recruiting and establishing a high performing team ensuring they are continually developed • To motivate and drive the team in achieving and exceeding agreed objectives • To plan and conduct regular 121s, reviews and appraisals with the team in accordance with the performance management policy and procedures
- To promote high visual merchandising standards ensuring that store housekeeping standards are continually achieved
Living by Our Values
- To take pride in living Clinton’s values and instilling them in the team
Role Essential Skills:
- Strong coaching and development skills in order to establish a high performing team • Previous line management experience within a retail and customer service environment with the ability to deal with people issues effectively and in a timely manner • Excellent selling techniques with a proven track record of driving sales and profitability • To be customer orientated with a track record of delivering exceptional customer service • Ability to multitask and meet deadlines • Strong communication skills
Role Essential Qualities:
- Demonstrates integrity • Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm in every action • Recognises and celebrates success within their teams • Hands on approach and leads by example to set the standard of excellence • Is self-aware • Strives to be the best they can be by proactively growing and improving their knowledge • Is resilient, commits to action and delivers • Is able to show emotional consistency – in every store, every day • Understands their people’s drivers, strengths and capabilities and utilises these for the success of the business • Has a strong work ethic and sees all tasks through to completion, putting solutions in place before walking away • Demonstrates effective time management and prioritisation • Is flexible and open for change • Is prepared for whatever needs to be done to fit the needs of the business and has the ability to anticipate • Is curious and inquisitive, asking “why” with their team and customers • Applies a common sense approach to decision making • Is customer and people focused
In return, you'll enjoy a competitive salary and generous staff discount of 40%. You’ll also be supported with your personal development through the range of learning and development initiatives we offer.
We would love to hear from you if your skills and experience match those we are looking for. Be part of our team and help enhance the lives of others.