Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Job title: Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £85,000 + bonus + benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for experienced Platform Engineers / DevOps Engineers for my key client based in London. My client are a global business and specialist systems integrator who deliver solutions to wide and diverse client base both within the commercial and government and defence sectors.
Working within the Digital Platforms team you will help produce web platforms for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery.
You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
You'll have a good understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment.
You'll have a good understanding of cross discipline and matrix teams, where the industry is heading and be incredibly collaborative. You'll leverage the depth of knowledge and experience within the team and help shape the organisation culture and technology in the right direction.
This will be an opportunity for you to be involved in some of the following:
- Actively creating Dev Ops ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams
- System provisioning & automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening
- Be responsible for the health and upkeep of the critical services
- Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle
We would like you to have this experience:
- Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation
- Experience working with AWS (secure by design building infrastructure in the cloud)
- Strong AWS API/CLI and Experience of working with either Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
- Reasonable fluency in at least one programming language eg: Ruby, Go, Python
- Experience of configuration management tools eg: Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef
Possibly have some experience of these:
- Any experience with the following technologies eg: Docker, Fleet, Etcd, Flannel, Kubernetes
- Or additional knowledge/experience with Drone, Sysdig, Vault or Consul
- Code Pipelines eg: Git, Sonarqube, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Good understanding of networking.
And as a person you will be/have:
- Good communication skills, both in written and verbal form
- Knowledge of metrics and protective monitoring
- A good understanding of using robust software best practices/methodologies
- An appetite to learn and an understanding of new technologies
- An understanding of cloud concepts and how to automate the build over specific API's within the cloud
For more information and to be considered for this role please email a copy of your CV to in the first instance.