We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer that will build and maintain robust, low-latency, highly-available and scalable systems, which will process our massive data streams and handle millions of requests in real-time.
Here, you will join an Agile team of seasoned engineers that enjoy working in a challenging start up environment. We take great pride in our work, sharing a focus on code quality and embracing best practices.
This role will suit someone who:
- Is interested in learning new skills and broadening their knowledge
- Enjoys working in a small, flat team where they closely collaborate with other developers
- Is ambitious and looking to progress their career
- Interested in exploring new places to eat, having a drink or playing board games at the office
- 2 years+ experience developing software in a commercial environment
- Agile software development (Scrum/Kanban).
- Worked with relational and in-memory databases.
- Experience developing and testing with Python or Go.
- Experience with distributed source control systems (Git), Pull request and Code Review processes.
- Some degree of expertise in *nix-like systems, scripting and using command-line tools.
- Used continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo...).
- Comfortable working in a Linux/MacOSX development environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Worked with RESTful APIs.
- Used Docker (or similar) in development or production environments.
- Worked with queue/messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka...)
- Experience with Amazon CloudFormation.
- Experience working with AWS or similar IAAS providers
- Knowledge of Ansible (or similar technology).
- Developed following TDD/BDD.
- Pair programming. Clean code principles.
- Experience with big data streaming and processing pipelines (Hadoop, Kafka...)