Opportunity to join a global luxury retail brand as a Finance Manager, reporting into the group financial controller. Career progression and strong renumeration are guaranteed in a revered company that offers opportunities in its many branches across the globe.
My client is a world-renowned global retail brand, specialising in luxury goods. They produce and distribute products ranging for high-end perfumes to clothes and accessories.
With offices and store locations across the world, and a global turnover of over £500,000,000, my client is a dominant force in the revered luxury good market. As they continue to develop new products and target new markets, the company is heading in the right direction to dwarf its competitors, with a growth of over 10%.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing month end close, ensuring all general ledger activities including fixed assets, accruals, prepayments and intercompany processes are timely and accurately performed
- Preparing monthly reporting packs with analysis and commentary for each entity under UK GAAP Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing or managing the preparation of the statutory accounts by their outsource providers Ensuring timely and accurate completion of VAT and local sales tax returns, other local government statutory and statistical reporting
- Preparing information packs for the external audit and managing the audit process Supervising one Accounting Assistant in the team
- Managing a team of 3 direct reports
- Negotiating terms with suppliers across the UK
- Ownership over certain products and branches within the group company
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant, with CIMA, ACA, or ACCA
- Have industry experience, preferably but not necessarily in the retail space
- Have had strong exposure to producing accounts, both management and statutory accounts
- Have strong academics, with a minimum of a 2:1
- Be ambitious, driven, autonomous, and supportive of your peers and direct reports
- Excellent Excel and spreadsheet skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
You will be offered a position as a Finance Manager in a global retail luxury good company. You will have 3 colleagues reporting directly into you, and will have ownership over the financial management of certain products (both current and future).
You will be offered a salary between £45,000 and £60,000, depending on experience and the competition for the role, with the additional competitive benefit package.
Bonus will be offered depending on product and branch performance.