Senior Linux System Administrator
FTC -12 Months -The Senior Linux System Administrator's
Your new company
My client is an independent body which classifies media, including videos/ DVDs since the Video Recordings Act was passed in 1984.
Your new role
The Senior Linux System Administrator's core duties will be to improve the effective day-to-day operation of the Linux systems.
- To install, configure and upgrade all Linux systems when required.
- To develop a maintenance and monitoring programme, to ensure all Linux systems are up-to-date, secure and performing optimally.
- To maintain IT documentation of the Linux systems in a clear writing style and in a timely manner.
- To review and improve the backup solution and ensure the integrity of all data on the system is taken and stored appropriately.
- To identify and advise the IT Manager on best practices and how they can be implemented.
- To perform daily checks to ensure all systems are in good health, ensuring the IT Manager is kept up to date with any outstanding issues.
- To assist in the migration of systems and data where directed.
- To work with 3rd party suppliers to maintain levels of service where necessary.
- To conduct research via the Internet and other electronic means to establish the suitability for classification of submitted works and equivalent material under the Board's duties and UK law, for the purposes of (but not limited to) prevention of the distribution of material prohibited by law, and for the initiation of criminal proceedings.
What you'll get in return
£45,000 + benifits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.