Our Client, a leading independent firm with an office near King’s Cross, is currently recruiting for a Tax Manager. The firm is looking for someone to manage the Tax team on a day to day basis as well as manage their own portfolio of clients. A strong remuneration package and excellent opportunities for career progression are on offer to the right candidate.
The role will involve managing your own portfolio of clients providing advice on a range of personal tax compliance matters, as well as managing the Tax team.
- Managing staff on a day to day basis to include effective resource utilisation, motivation, training and development.
- Provide self-assessment compliance services on a small portfolio of complex clients on behalf of various partners, to include all aspects of personal tax compliance for partnerships, sole traders and trusts.
- Dealing with and supervising employee benefits compliance including preparation of forms P11D, PAYE coding notices, business expenses claims and year end returns.
- Review returns and work prepared by team members, monitoring and evaluating work to ensure that departmental targets and objectives are met.
- Keep technically up to date and organise/attend tax webinars, seminars and CPD updates as necessary.
- Dealing with clients taxation affairs including advising on various tax issues and preparing tax related documentation.
- Carrying out enquiry work and investigation work.
- Deal with straightforward VAT and NIC matters.
- Providing assistance to the Tax Partner and Tax Director and other General Practice partners in the provision of tax consultancy.
- Assisting in maintaining and developing the firm's compliance procedures to deliver a better quality service, to develop and promote the department and to manage risk compliance.
- Management of WIP and debtors, keeping time records up to date.
- Working closely with the Tax Partner and Tax Director in marketing and developing the department to assist in generating new client business and building our reputation in the market.
- Prepare billing information in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Tax Department or to provide additional assistance to clients.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Manage team annual leave, establishing sufficient cover arrangements, authorising requests and communicating outstanding allowances.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance on performance improvement, informally and through the firm’s appraisal process. Managing performance issues as and when appropriate, seeking direction and support as needed.
- Active involvement in the process of recruiting new staff.
- Communicate useful and relevant information to the team, keeping people up to date on changes and developments that may affect them.
- Identify and discuss training and development needs with team members.
- Significant knowledge and experience dealing with personal tax compliance matters
- ATT qualified or equivalent by experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise self and others, monitoring multiple deadline and prioritising tasks to ensure completed accurately and on time
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Prior experience of using CCH tax software packages
If you would like to know more about this Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers