Data Engineer Python & SQL Music Industry
Data Engineer | Music Industry | London
£30,000 to £50,000 plus bonus & excellent benefits
Worldwide music company with a number of industry-leading products and events - you'll likely have used at least one of their services at some point!
They're well known for being one of the most cutting edge technology companies in London, with a huge budget for data & analytics in 2017 and a variety of new use cases, ideas and POCs.
They also have one of the most fun offices in London with an agile start-up vibe, a flexible working environment and plenty of freedom to innovate and run with new ideas.
WHAT'S THE ROLE
As Data Engineer, you'll work alongside an advanced Analytics team, who focus on analysing a variety of complex customer, sales and event data. While the priority will be to develop ETL and a number of high-performance data pipelines, the project is very greenfield so there is an open remit and a number of career routes are on offer.
You'll be responsible for productionising the current incoming data flows from APIs, social media and the web, as well as exploring new sources of data, primarily using Python & SQL.
You'll also need to understand the business problems that the analytics team are trying to solve and subsequently tailor your approach, choose appropriate technologies and gain buy-in from the business.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years' Data Engineering experience - they may also consider an Analyst with some development experience that is looking for a dedicated Data Engineer position
- Solid programming skills with Python
- Strong SQL experience, including knowledge of how to build a database
- An understanding of how data can benefit the wider business, and how to translate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders
WHY SHOULD I APPLY
- The opportunity to improve your technical skills whilst also being given the chance to build a team and gain experience with analytics and a variety of business/commercial problems
- It's a great place to work and you'll definitely have a fun time
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that this is the one for you, click the apply link on this page - if not, but you're interested in other Data Engineer positions, please get in touch with Jethro Willett at Harnham, as the market has never been busier!
Data Engineer, Python, SQL