Websphere Commerce Developers - Ecommerce Giant
Websphere Commerce Developers required at all levels from Junior to Senior / Principal with in core Java, Watson Commerce / Websphere Commerce / WCS specifically with strong understanding of the checkout / basket / payments or Product and merchandising areas of WCS are required to work on large scale Java / Websphere Commerce / WCS implementation for world leading ecommerce company deploying new world leading ecommerce platform in West London.
Key skills required include
- Solid core Java programming skills - Java7 and Websphere Commerce / WCS
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Working knowledge of application servers and web servers (Apache and Tomcat preferred)
- Good SQL skills, plus JDBC. Knowledge of Database objects: Stored Procedures, Indexes, Triggers, Joins. MySQL an advantage
- Hands-on experience with UNIX based systems (Solaris, HPUX, BSD, Linux)
- Spring experience essential. Ideally Spring Data and Spring Security
- Web services SOAP and REST. With good understanding of JSON/XML/XSLT/XSD
- Test driven development principles
- Strong communication skills and experience of coaching and mentoring
This is a great opportunity to work on a large scale Websphere Commerce projects for a large scale ecommerce company and will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for the delivery of technically sound systems that have tough availability, scalability and security requirements.
This role will offer the chance to join a large scale Agile technology function (300 plus) and to work iin fast-paced environment with a real opportunity to make a difference on systems supporting customers globally. An environment where we encourage ownership and accountability in our teams; for the processes and development practices employed by the team as well as the systems they work with. Developers are needed who are able to learn quickly and who would value and enjoy developing their understanding of the business, products used, as well as the technologies that underpin them.
Opus Resourcing acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent employment.