Our client internally builds a variety of software to support its business activities, from back office systems to manage investments to tooling for financial advisers and their clients. This software is being delivered by multiple sprint teams in an agile environment using the SCRUM framework with a 2 week release cadence.
Their software has historically been manually tested and whilst they drive towards test automation they understand that manual testing still plays a vital role in our test approach.
They require a Software Tester / Quality Specialist, who has experience working in an agile environment, embedded in a sprint team, where you will be empowered in ensuring the quality of delivered work items within our 2 week release cadence. You will use your skills as a Software Tester to help them move towards a culture of Bug Prevention, working with the team to identify the acceptance criteria for both functional and non-functional behaviours of their product. You will collaborate with the team and using manual test techniques you will ensure the delivered items meet their definition of done.
You will be:
- An Agile test evangelist with a test first approach.
- A T-shaped individual contributor.
- Working as a contributor on one of the cross-disciplinary sprint teams.
- Collaborating within your sprint team and with the wider QA team on test best practices.
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog grooming
- Collaborating with the team on Acceptance Criteria for work items to test both functional and non-functional behaviours.
- Performing manual testing to ensure that work items meet the acceptance criteria you help define.
- Identifying when features do not meet expected behaviour and explaining your observation to the team, including developers, business analysts and other QA.
- Ensuring the team is adhering to their definition of done and not being afraid to call the team to task.
Skills and Experience:
- You are educated to degree level or possess equivalent professional experience.
- You hold the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (or equivalent).
- You possess strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated and target-driven.
- You are highly organised with a logical, methodical approach to work.
- You have great interpersonal skills.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a Software Tester on Agile teams.
- You have some exposure to test automation and you understand that it is necessary in an agile team.
- You have strong manual testing skills in techniques such as Exploratory Testing and Session Based Test Management.
- You value performing software testing over creating test collateral.
- You are comfortable explaining features and can recognise their benefits / drawbacks to sprint team members and to members of the wider team.
Essential Skills and Technologies:
- Continuous integration as a concept in software development.
- Sprint management using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (including bug tracking).
- SQL to interrogate databases.
Salary: £37,000 - £41,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
- 25 days’ Holiday.
- 20% non-contributory Pension.
- 7 x Death in Service.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
- Lovely Modern Offices.