Accounts Payable Supervisor
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an Accounts Payable Supervisor to oversee a team of 3 Team Leaders and assist with the management and control of Accounts Payable. You will also be required to create reports for the Accounts Payable Manager.
Key responsibilities required for the role of Accounts Payable Supervisor:
- Supervise all aspects of maintaining Accounts Payable
- Supervise up to 3 Team Leaders
- Train, develop and support team members
- Conduct 1-2-1 meetings with team to ensure their needs are fully met.
- Daily monitoring and investigation of team workflow.
- Prioritisation of team workload to achieve agreed targets
- Ensure Department policies are adhered to at all times.
- Assist Team members with problematic accounts. Liaise with Suppliers and buyers to discuss solutions to prevent issues arising in future.
- Review working practices to develop lean processes.
- Prepare daily and/or monthly accounts payable statistics for the AP manager
- Delegate tasks relating to key issues for day to day AP operations
- Analyse data between Accounts Payable and General Ledger
- Resolve and report on common and complex AP errors or issues
- Send weekly cash Forecasts to Department Manager and Financial Controller.
- Create and Develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Arrange meetings with Main Line suppliers on a regular basis to keep the lines of communication fully open.
- Assist with the closure of Accounts Payable Month End ensuring all reporting is completed, valid and correct ready for month end close by Accounts Supervisor or Manager.
- Liaise on a regular basis with counterparts to ensure department workflow is fair and running as expected.
- Any other Ad-hoc requests.
Key skills required for the role of Accounts Payable Supervisor:
- Strong Leadership skills; experience of Change Management would be preferred
- Previous experience of full Accounts Payable experience with at least 2 supervising a large team is essential for this role
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a varied team.
- Ability to build good relationships with Internal & External customers.
- Analytical mindset
- Positive attitude to change
- Excellent level of Excel knowledge
- Experience on varied ERP systems
- Highly Motivated
If you are looking for a career in a challenging, professional environment where you can make your mark as part of a dynamic and committed team, then I want to hear from you. For more information please apply online or contact Kerry Norman at the Manchester Sellick Partnership office.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.