Big Data Developer Spark/Scala Cloudera on AWS
Big Data Developer | Spark/Scala | Cloudera on AWS
Retail/eCommerce industry | London | £50,000 to £70,000
One of the UK's leading retailers, known for being comfortably the most cutting edge technology company in their sector.
In 2016, they invested heavily in digital transformation, including a large-scale migration to the cloud (AWS). This is set to continue into 2017 with massive funding for one of the UK's biggest Big Data projects, set to reach petabyte scale.
Alongside some of the best Data Scientists in the industry, you'll help to develop a high performance & highly scalable Big Data platform to enable a variety of new analytics use cases, including sentiment/social media analytics, data streaming & geospatial analytics.
WHAT'S THE ROLE
As Big Data Developer, you'll be developing a complex, highly scalable Cloudera platform, hosted on AWS. The project is all greenfield so you won't have to deal with any scrappy legacy code and you'll have the opportunity to design new features and introduce new tools.
The bulk of the work will be done with Spark (written in Scala), as well as number of other Cloudera tools, including Impala, Kafka and Flume to name a few - you'll help to choose the right tech depending on which brings the best technical and commercial benefits.
The plan is to build a cross-functional team of Data Scientists and Big Data Engineers so you'll likely gain exposure to advanced analytics and Machine Learning, using e.g. Spark MLlib.
Given the greenfield nature of the role, there are lots of career routes on offer to you, including Data Science, team leadership or Data Architecture.
WHO ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
- 1+ years' experience developing a production level Big Data platform, preferably Cloudera or Hortonworks, and experience with a number of Hadoop/Spark ecosystem tools
- Solid Scala programming skills
- Experience with both batch and stream processing is preferable
- Any experience with analytics/data science would be really useful but not necessary
WHY SHOULD I APPLY
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing team with huge prospects for 2017
- The chance to be trained in new tech, e.g. AWS, data streaming
- £50,000 to £70,000 + annual bonus + other benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Click the 'Apply' link on this page!
However, if you don't think this is the one for you, Harnham are working on a broad spectrum of roles in the busiest Big Data market ever - get in touch with Jethro Willett
Big Data Engineer, Big Data Developer, Big Data Software, Hadoop, Spark streaming, AWS, Cloudera, Kafka, Scala, London