Lead Data Engineer/Architect Python AWS
Lead Data Engineer/Architect | Fintech | London
Python | AWS - Redshift, Kinesis, EMR
£60,000 to £90,000 plus benefits, bonus and share options
One of the UK's fastest growing Fintech companies, with a valuation in the hundreds of millions of pounds, who are reinvesting heavily in Data Science for 2017. They have built their success on technology innovation and are an incredibly data-driven organisation.
They have a variety of use cases for Data Science, all with the aim of providing a genuine challenge to established retail banks and other large financial services organisations and subsequently give consumers a better deal and service.
WHAT'S THE ROLE
The Data Science department has been up and running for the last 18 months and the Data Engineering team has been steadily growing over the last 12 - they're now looking for someone to lead the Data Engineering team in a technical capacity, whilst also designing new features and introducing new tech.
You'll be hands on around 30-50% of the time, developing data pipelines/ETL in Python (and Kinesis), designing a Redshift data warehouse, building the wider AWS platform (EMR, EC2, S3 etc.) and introducing new open-source tools like Kafka.
The remainder of your role will be to act as an Data Architect and act as a Technical Team Lead - in this capacity, you'll be engaging with a number of senior stakeholders as a 'Data Evangelist' to show the business how they can be using data more effectively.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR
- A Data Engineer with strong Python programming skills and experience developing a production level AWS analytics platform (using e.g. EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, DynamoDB)
- Experience in a more senior level capacity, including design/architecture and technical leadership
- Knowledge of other Big Data tools, including e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
WHY SHOULD I APPLY
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with a great reputation in the Fintech and Data Science industry
- A chance to build a team and develop one of the most advanced cloud-based analytics platforms in the UK
- To join an organisation in which you can have an enormous commercial impact, where your work will be fully recognised
HOW TO APPLY
Click the 'Apply' link on this page!
However, if you don't think this is the one for you, Harnham are working on a broad spectrum of roles in the busiest Data Engineering market ever - get in touch with Jethro Willett
Data Engineer, Data Developer, Big Data, AWS, Redshift, Kinesis, Python, EMR, London, Fintech