Our client is an established business based in St Ives and they are currently looking for someone to join them in a Management Accountant capacity.
Reporting to the head of department, this will be a challenging and busy role with responsibility for one member of staff.
Duties will include;
- Compiling and posting month end journals
- Producing monthly management accounts for business units
- Presenting monthly management information to management teams throughout the business
- Leading monthly project review meetings with project managers
- Updating sales forecast with actual results
- Detailed analysis of P&L within profit centres, margin analysis and variance commentary
- Profitability analysis of projects and contracts
- Training and development of Assistant Management Accountant
- HMRC compliance
- Leading systems development projects
- Reviewing internal processes
- Ad hoc project work
The successful candidate will have a proven background working in management accounts and will ideally be actively studying towards their ACCA or CIMA qualifications.
Strong IT skills are essential in this role as processes that are in place are a work in progress, and this position will play a key part in the development of these systems.
A confident and competent approach is very important alongside the ability to work smartly and to challenging deadlines.
There is great scope for the right person to add significant value to the processes of this business and play a key part in the development of the company's finance function.
The ONE Group is the region’s largest independent recruitment consultancy with offices in Cambridge, Peterborough and Northampton. With 70 specialist consultants recruiting across the East of England and the Midlands. The ONE Group work with some of the biggest and most prestigious businesses to, on average, place a candidate in the right job every 2 hours.