Mechanical / Chemical Maintenance Engineer
Mechanical / Chemical Engineer – Norwich - £35,000 - £42,000 + Excellent Benefits
A new opportunity to work with a globally recognised chemical engineering business based in Norwich. They are looking for an engineer to support the plant engineering team as a mechanical / chemical / maintenance engineer. The is a hands-on position that required previous relevant experience.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical support to improve production rates, quality, reliability, and safety.
- Identify and solve process, mechanical, operating and maintenance problems.
- Complete root cause analysis on plant failures and implement plant and process improvements.
- Coordinate and supervise engineering, maintenance and project-related activities
- Manage specialists, suppliers and contractors as required
- Coordinate special maintenance work, such as preventative plant maintenance and annual shutdowns
- Completion and analysis of all planned inspections
- Identify plant improvement projects
Required Knowledge, Education and personality
- BEng/MEng degree in mechanical or chemical engineering or a related discipline.
- HND in mechanical or chemical engineering may be accepted with significant relevant experience.
- Experience in plant operations, at a chemical or petro-chemical manufacturing facility.
- Process, mechanical and chemical manufacturing systems knowledge is essential.
- Background in plant maintenance, including experience with shutdowns, turnarounds, and preventative maintenance programs, is desirable.
- A positive attitude, be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively without supervision
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, and be focused on delivering high quality solutions to meet objectives
- Good team working skills and the ability to influence without direct authority
- A passion for continuous improvement
- The ability to take on challenges and learn new skills
- A flexible approach to working hours
For more detailed information and immediate consultation, please apply with an up to date CV.