Lead Infrastructure Analyst VMWare,Storage,Linux
Lead Infrastructure Analyst - VMWare, Virtualisation, Scripting, Storage - London
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE. With plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours. Currently looking for a Lead Infrastructure Analyst.
The GroupIT Infrastructure Delivery team develops and implements the infrastructure strategy for office and Business Systems infrastructure based upon the roadmap set out by the Architecture group. It also undertakes 3rd and 4th line support and operational duties for all Group IT servers and defines process and procedures for the operation of GroupIT’s infrastructure and platform applications.
The Infrastructure Delivery team is responsible for the delivery, evolution and extended support of my clients corporate and business system IT infrastructure across multiple geographic locations.
Infrastructure Delivery also provides extended support to the IT operations and application support functions and shares the responsibility for the smooth running of all of Group IT’s operational systems.
The Lead Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for key corporate and business application infrastructure delivery, evolution and advanced support and operations. This infrastructure comprises the SPARC, Wintel and appliance based server estate, incorporating VMware, Windows, Solaris and RHEL.
For a full list of responsibilities (too large to put here) please apply and I will send. Here are the skills we ae ideally looking for:
Practical experience for the majority of the following technical areas:
- VMWare - experience of build, configuration, on-going support and maintenance of standalone and vCenter-clustered environments including network and storage configuration against best operational and security practice.
- Knowledge / Capability of alternate virtualisation products (Solaris Zones, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge and experience of deployment to one or more of public/hybrid/private cloud backed by experience of doing this in a business context.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more scripting languages such Shell script, Perl, Python etc.
- In-depth knowledge or Orchestration / Automation technologies as well as demonstrated competence in one or more of the leading toolsets such as Chef, Ansible, Salt, Puppet etc.
- NetApp Filers & OnTap OS to support a multisite, multiprotocol environment (CIFS, NFS, FC, iSCSI) including replication, monitoring and capacity planning. Experience of Integration with virtual environments an advantage.
- Wider knowledge of Storage fundamentals and topology (SAN, NAS and storage networks) and additional storage Vendor (e.g. HP) knowledge useful.
- Expert understanding of Solaris and Linux, particularly RHEL and derivatives
- Enterprise PKI (Microsoft Certificate services and 3rd Party provider).
- In depth infrastructure services knowledge (SMTP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS)
- Enterprise backup concepts and tooling
- Access controls systems (RADIUS, LDAP, AD, Ping Federate etc.)
- Strong understanding of Security principles, practices and technologies in relation to infrastructure.
- Disaster Recovery Planning and testing.
- Physical datacentre management and planning
- Knowledge of effective data centre operation including equipment installation, planning and automation (including centralising mechanisms for provisioning and configuration management).
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (principally in a Cisco environment).
- Knowledge of database fundamentals (Generic but Oracle, SQL Server and MSSQL)
- Knowledge and experience of formal business operations procedures (e.g. ITIL)
- Expertise around monitoring and automated remediation of a large server estate