Senior Credit Controller / Analyst
Fantastic Senior Credit role, based in Coventry, Up to £32,000 per year plus benefits
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are working in partnership with this corporate business to recruit a Credit Controller / Analyst to support the managers in their decision making. You will be responsible for making effective credit decisions to optimise income and minimise potential bad debt exposure inclusive of credit approvals, credit limit setting, cash collection and dispute Management.
Your new role
You will be responsible for influencing and negotiating resolution of complex disputes directly with customers or the line of business. Other responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for Cash Collection with predetermined KPIs
- Manage and reduce complex disputes whilst ensuring the process is correctly documented
- Dealing with escalated invoice queries to provide resolution from internal and external parties
- Receive, process, collate and provide routine systemised information to/ from customers and internal parties
- Provide assistance in order to ensure that the Debt to Cash function operates in an efficient and effective manner
- Manage large value incidents process from end to end, taking responsibility of ensuring the data is collated for timely production of the invoice to accelerate the collection of the payment
- Influencing and negotiation with the principle internal stakeholders
- Monitoring of B2B customer credit limits and levels of security, applying pre-defined credit risk procedures
- Monitor credit exposure and associated securities
- Acquisition of Letters of Credit, Parent Company Guarantees, Deposit Agreements ensuring documents are enforceable under the respective Regulated or Unregulated contracts
- Responsible for managing financial documents within predetermined CPIs
- Adherence to service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Compliance with SOX and other financial controls and obligations set by Regulators
You will be accountable for the resolution or escalation of queries whilst suggesting quality improvements in order to minimise customer complaints, debt, process or contractual deficiencies.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally hold a professional qualification, but qualified by experience will also be considered. You will have a background in working in a busy credit management function within a financial or commercial environment including working to predetermined KPI's and SLA's, with a good understanding of contract and litigation law.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £32,000 plus flexible working and excellent benefits including annual salary reviews, 25 days' holiday, plus 8 statutory days and an option to buy/sell extra holiday days, an annual bonus based on the company's performance, a generous pension scheme, double matched up to 6% of your salary each month and support to help you cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, examination fees and time off for study leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.