Data Engineer/ Data Architect Help build & optimise our decision engine
- We’re one of the UK’s fastest growing ethical start-ups looking for high calibre candidates to join us in our mission to disrupt the current UK credit scoring system. We are doing this by creating an ethical lending model to help millions of UK workers reduce and eliminate their debts.
- We are in a period of growth and this is a pivotal role to help shape the business.
- If you like the sound of this and if you are the type of driven individual that thrives in start-up environments with a 'can do' attitude and a need to disrupt the financial market in a manner that benefits society, then we would like to meet you.
Data Architect / Engineer
- You will be part of our talented technology team, working alongside our Decision Science Department to address their data needs and requirements then fit these in an overall cohesive data system design.
- You will manage, extend, and refine our the organisation's Data Warehouse capabilities and work with Decison Science on data modelling.
- You will be responsible for a high level of quality in all data, including but not limited to working with Tech and Information Security teams on data governance across all business systems by designing and implementing the relevant data validations and controls.
- You will work closely with our development team with oversight of data and how it is processed.
- You will be involved in product design to make sure data from our operational system and decision processes are captured correctly, completely and accurately in our data warehouse.
Core Skills: what we need from you
- Proven experience in designing, developing and implementing enterprise data models- Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW), ERP, Information Systems, Decision Support Systems (DSS), bespoke Data and ETL solutions, Data Quality and Analytics, Self-service BI, Reporting and Data Visualizations.
- A passion for high quality data and data governance
- Delivering high quality code within a modern, commercial environment
- Advanced Microsoft SQL management experience
- Advanced Transact-SQL abilities
- Microsoft .Net Framework understanding and hands-on experience
- VB, ASP.Net, .Net WebAPI
- Logical thinker with a pro-active motivated approach
- Previous experience owning data in financial services, preferably retail lending would be desirable
- Current experience working in an agile environment with scrum masters and product managers
SalaryFinance is a mission-led business that helps employees to get out of debt faster and onto the road to financial wellbeing. Launching with employers as an employee benefit, we make a hugely positive difference to the financial health of employees, by enabling them to pay off their existing high-cost debt faster through payroll deduction and saving towards their financial goals. Launched in 2015, we are making amazing progress. We have built technology that integrates seamlessly into existing payroll services, are live with major clients, and have partnered with Benefex, giving us reach to 1 million employees.
We have been included in Forbes both as one of five fast-growing British businesses to watch in 2016 and as one of five exciting socially responsible British startups, in the FT as a truly meaningful staff benefit, and as one of KPMG's Global FinTech 100. Learn more at salaryfinance.com . We are part of Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading venture builder. Blenheim Chalcot has built 40 businesses over the last 18 years, and now generates £350 million turnover across the group’s 3,000 employees, with £450M in assets. Learn more at blenheimchalcot.com.
Working at SalaryFinance you will enjoy an open plan office just 30 seconds from the tube with a healthy and cheap onsite cafeteria. Employees receive a flexible benefits package including (but not limited to) an annual bonus, 25 days holiday, company contribution pension, cycle to work scheme, health insurance with subsidised gym membership, dental insurance, life assurance, company laptop and mobile phone.