Technical Architect / Infrastructure and Solutions
Technical Architect / Infrastructure and Solutions sought by one of the UK's most prestigious organisations to take a lead role in the design of network solutions.
Working within a team you will provide technical expertise within the IT department. This role represents the technical career development pathway within the department. An individual suited to this role has an appetite for developing their technical expertise. The role holder must understand the development agenda and be able to create technical design principles in line with this strategy. You will define the architectural standards, frameworks and processes required to build and operate an effective and efficient IT service.
Duties will include:
• Support the IT Strategy and Architecture Manager in developing and implementing the Technology Strategy.
• Serves within the Technical Design Authority function
• Owns the development of roadmaps, principles and standards within assigned technology areas
• Provides authoritative advice on technical architecture and design, and guidance in relation to complexity and risk
• Work as a Architect in a Technical Lead role responsible for delivery of IT changes and projects
• Deliver High Level and Low level designs, where necessary, to meet technical requirements
• Work on a portfolio of projects as directed by the IT Strategy and Architecture Manager
• Provide technical design input and assurance for projects
• Maintain industry awareness, applying best practice to all solutions produced.
• Experience in an architect role, working in both infrastructure and software
• Technical architecture experience ideally within a complex IT environment
• Experience of developing technical specification from user requirements, and of testing completed products against the specification & quality criteria.
• Experience of working with / commissioning work from IT suppliers.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-specialists, and to coach team members – enabling them to acquire new knowledge and skills.
If this role would be of interest to you, please apply with your most up-to-date CV and I will give you a call to discuss the role in more detail.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business